Saturday, April 21, 2007

The Saturday Report

OK.. I had my first training session on Thursday.
It was tough.
It was great.
And I'm in so much pain right now,
I can barely move.
My quads are seriously cryin'.
Getting to a standing position
or to a sitting position
is cause for loud grunting noises.
No structural pain, though,
which is good.
All muscular... which is great.
There are still muscles buried in there.

Hey! I even found my transversus (sp?)
It's a lower ab muscle
found directly above the FUPA,
and it's sore too.

Being the devoted little trooper I am,
I actually went into the gym to do
cardio
AFTER my training session.

This may have been one of the least intelligent things
i've done in the recent past.

So, that was Thursday.

The pain began Thursday night,
while I was helping out with a cancer fundraiser,
and I have high hopes it'll end by the time i see my trainer on monday,
so we can start the process all over again.

Friday morning I had to take my mother to get a colonoscopy,
so I wasn't able to work out till much later in the day,
and I opted for Poolates,
which is Pilates in the pool,
at the Ritz.
It was great working out
outside the gym
in the sunshine
with a great teacher
who has an even sunnier disposition.

The only problem was my spine...
It wasn't liking the poolates as much as i had hoped.
My RSD
(reflex sympathetic dystrophy)
flared quite a few times
causing spasms around T10-11
(never fun).
Still, I'm gonna give it a few more tries
and see if I can make it work.
Usually the RSD doesn't kick in
unless my cervical (neck) spine is completely jacked up,
so maybe it's just a matter of readjusting my positions in the pool.

a wonderful bonus of taking a class
at the ritz
(which is next door to my condo)
is the spa access that comes with it...
So i took advantage and
had a nice soak in the jacuzzi after.

Today is Saturday.
I'm about to head out the door to the gym...
I'm hoping that warming my
INCREDIBLY sore quads
with about an hour of light cardio
will be just what the doctor ordered.

If my trainer happens to be there,
I'm going to beg for mercy and get him to stretch me.


5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No pain, No gain.. right?! You can do it sweetie. Keep grinning, nobody will ever know the wiser ;)

As always, your angel is with you!

April 21, 2007 at 12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy Smokes! You rock Caroyln! That is way more effort in one week than I've put in all year!

I'm gonna have to keep up with your blog and take notes!

April 21, 2007 at 6:33 PM  
Blogger CarolynBBDish said...

awww. thanks :) it's funny - i feel like a slacker, since i'm not working out 6 hours a day. slowly, slowly.. getting back into it.

April 21, 2007 at 6:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are much more disciplined than I am. For me to even "think" about working out is working out enough. LOL. I am right behind you chica. Remember you can't workout on Monday nights!...Chorti

April 22, 2007 at 9:00 AM  
Blogger CarolynBBDish said...

chiiiiicaaaa!!! :)
thanks for the support, honey!!
massive goal: be able to fit into and borrow chorti's "if he doesn't kiss you in that, he's gay" dress!

April 22, 2007 at 9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home