Monday, July 30, 2007

What a Week

Yesterday, I woke up at 5am, blogged the overnight report, and then took my mother out for brunch. On the way there, I was thinking, ok... this is good... first time she's felt well enough to get out in 2 weeks... everything's getting back to normal... all i ask for is a little less drama this week.

Talk about tempting fate!

We have brunch... At the end of my meal, I'm sitting there peacefully, I look down at my empty plate, and there are 3 maggots.

I'm just gonna let that soak in for a second.

Needless to say, I felt immediately nauseous. i got up from my table, brought my plate with me, signaled to the manager of the restaurant and said, "I'm about to be ill. I need you to look at this," and handed him the plate. He looked, said, "Oh my God. Oh my God," and I took off for the bathroom. (i'll spare you those details)

I come back out, and still shaken, spoke with the manager, the cook, etc... Honestly, they couldn't have handled it any better. We determined it did not come from the kitchen, but the A/C unit above my table... where more continued to fall once I'd left the table.

Anyhow, they completely stepped up to the plate vis-a-vis medical, etc, and they're good people, so I'm letting it go. I was grossed out, but unharmed.

OK.. so I go from there to the Paramedics, who tell me not to worry, and call poison control to confirm it.

Moving along... I go to my favorite coffee joint for an espresso, make a couple calls, then call my mom to tell her all's well, and she tells me:"I did something stupid. I lifted.... "

and my heart stops... she just had the procedure a couple days ago... no lifting...

She'd had a sharp pain at the site of the catheterization... ok, so I'm not going to the afternoon party... I'm staying with her, making sure she's alive.

Things calm down for a while, then I get a note from one of the commenters on the blog, asking if I wrote for another bb site. I said no, never heard of em... Long story short... since the beginning of the season, they've been copying every single post and every single cap i've done and posting them as their own.

To say I was livid doesn't even begin to describe it... I spent all night, from about 11pm till 4:30am getting screenshots of all my stuff on the site... and yes, I'm pursuing it.

So this morning, I wake up absolutely thrashed at about 11am... post a slap-ass overnight report.. and get ready to help my mother with a volunteer thing for some underprivileged kids... we're supposed to ride over together with this woman, who as it turns out has brought 3 children with her in a small car.

I take one look, then decide to ride my bike.

I'm riding over there, and about 2 miles away, I'm chilling out, and just thinking, "please, God, just a little less drama this week." As soon as I thought it, the chain popped off my bike.

I laughed my ass off.

What else was I supposed to do?


4 Comments:

Blogger chasingxscars said...

MAGGOTS? oh my god! *shudder* It's good that you're not sick or anything. But from A/C?! (I'm looking at the vents in my room now and I'm scared haha)

I noticed on your profile, the list of blogs....
http://i8.tinypic.com/664vdx3.jpg
BB12-15? Do you know something already?

September 4, 2007 at 11:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Omg, are those scumbags being brought down? The ones who stole your site info???

September 15, 2007 at 8:42 PM  
Blogger CarolynBBDish said...

hi danserchic :) nice to see you over here on my neglected personal blog! lol.. this one;ll get back to speed once bb's over. i have all those other bb9-20 on hold just in case.

hi firedancer... nice to see you over here too! actually, the scumbags referred to in this post are different from the ones this week. both were dealt with. :P

i'm sweet as pie... till you try to f me over. ;)

September 15, 2007 at 8:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess I am curious, how do you "deal" with such scum bags???

September 15, 2007 at 11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home