Saturday, September 15, 2007

Holy Cow

I can't believe it's been 6 weeks since I wrote anything here. Unreal. Big Brother has taken over my writing life for the past little while, but it's about to be over, so... back to personal blogging I shall be. :)

OK.. here's the good news: while I haven't updated my big fat blog, I have been working out (cycling) and eating as if I had. Drumroll please...

When I started sometime in April, I was in 20s and 22s... Last week, I randomly picked something marked 12 off a hanger to try it on, and it fit!!!!!!!!! OK.. the word "fit" may be a bit of a stretch, cuz I wouldn't actually dream of sitting down in those pants just yet. But... (a big miami sized buttt) I was able to get them on, no shimmying, no sucking anything in, no lying down... ON.

So, there is definitely progress. :)

Yippeeee!

Still loving riding, and can't wait to get back to massive morning rides once it cools down just a little. It's brutal by like 9am now, so I've barely gotten like 90 minutes in in the mornings lately. I overdid it once a few weeks ago, and made myself pretty ill with sunstroke - damn near puked & passed out at the oasis while I was ordering my cortadito. So, no more hero rides for me till it cools down... Sunstroke is scary.

Also cool.. LOTs of people noticing the loss now.

Gonna re-start with my trainer October 1st. :) And gonna upgrade the bike for my bday present to myself...

Life is very good.


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is awesome... good for you on the WL!!!

September 15, 2007 at 10:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kudos on the success. Up until last week, the opposite was occurring for me, I was increasing! All of sudden (well, not really all of sudden), my trustie 14's, were now 16's, and even the 16's were becoming harder and harder to close so I had to do something about it. I've started sparkpeople.com and have lost 5lbs, in one week! So I'm with ya, girl.

September 15, 2007 at 10:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just checked this link out... I'll definitely bookmark it. Good for you being so disciplined with the bike riding. That is to be admired.

It's good to know where to find you in between the BBs. I have really enjoyed blogging on your site this summer. First time and it enriches the experience.

Anyway, happy early birthday... in case I forget. I am a few years older than you... Dang.

Tella... and I'll stick to that from now on. >^..^<

"Enlightened people are independent of the opinions of other people. They are not running their lives based on what others thinks." - W. Dyer

September 17, 2007 at 3:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home