Saturday, May 19, 2007

The View From Here

What's the point of living
in one of the most beautiful places
in the world
if you don't get out
and enjoy it to its fullest?

Key Biscayne is that place...
while I was out riding today
I had a little epiphany:
For the past few years,
since the accident,
I've been living as a prisoner inside my body...
Inside whatever pain it has to throw at me
on whatever day it is.

I'm done with that now,
and back to challenging
and appreciating my body.

Lemme tell ya,
it feels a whole lot better,
both physically and mentally.
*******
Just got home from a 2 hour ride
Followed by a 1/2 hour walk...

Took this pic with my phone
while i was riding
in Crandon Park
at the northern end of the island.

The colors didn't come out nearly as vibrant
as they are in reality,
but have a look anyway.

Gorgeous! :)


There are definitely cheaper places to live
than Key Biscayne,
but none better.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work. See you soon in Minnesota.
Love ya, Aunt Patti

May 22, 2007 at 8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home