Monday, May 14, 2007

Happy Monday!

By jove I think she's got it.

Yesterday,
for mother's day,
at my mother's request,
I went cycling with her...

for four hours.

It was the first time I've been on a bike for at least 4 years,
(since the accident)
(cuz it was on my long list of things I'm not supposed to do)
and it was wonderful
on so many levels.

It was beautiful...
cycling along the beach,
in the parks
that book-end my island.

It was fun!

It made my mom happy.
It made me happy.
It was terrific exercise,
and it was OUTSIDE the gym.

I was waiting on final approval until I felt my spine this morning,
and I'm happy to report, my spine is fine. :)

For the first time in my adult life,
I have an exercise that doesn't require
headphones and a remote control to ward off the boredom.

An exercise that feels more like an adventure!

And... an excellent understanding of
why cyclists wear those silly looking padded shorts
and sometimes ride with their tushies in the air.
OUCH!
At a glance, one would think I came equipped with ample padding,
but one would be dead wrong.

This pic was taken about 3 hours into the ride.
Red-faced from the sun...
Sweating like.. an athlete! :P
Not lookin' pretty at all,
and happy as hell.

For a little update...
I've been PERFECT with the low carbs,
working out regularly,
and making progress. :)

I can feel and see changes all over my body,
both in the way it feels and the way it looks,
from my face down to my ankles,
and especially my core.

It's just a whole lot easier
and more enjoyable
to be inside my skin
right now
than it was
a month
or so
ago.

And off to the trainer I go!

Happy Monday!

:)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home