Thursday, May 24, 2007

Happy Thursday!

Wow. Incredible session with my trainer this morning!!
Phew. He completely kicked my ass.. in the best possible way.
Tremendous workout!

I really took it easy physically for the prior 2 days,
and I think it's just what the doctor
(and the trainer)
ordered.

Today, I feel completely re-invigorated!! :)

I was up at 7 working on tweaking my Big Brother blog
for the upcoming season,
Then to the gym/trainer.
Just had a yummy breakfast,
gonna work some more,
then go cycling a bit.

I'll post pics later on. :)

OK.. so yesterday I was PMSing to the point that I wanted to damn the diet and eat everything I could find within a 3 mile radius. I managed to stave it off by buying a low carb "treat" that was still within the realm of my program, and satisfied my urge to splurge.

Even so, I gotta tell ya, the urge was STRONG.. so strong I had thoughts of just completely scrapping the diet and all the progress I've made for the "pleasure" of eating to the point where I would have likely become ill.

Today I'm fine. It was just PMS hormone abnormality...
Aaaah the joys of being a woman.


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

very nice blog :)
I to share the "urge" with you as I am sure many of us do. For me it goes just beyond simple "urge" its more of an addiction. food is no different then drugs or alcohol, its even more dangerous due to the ease and necessity of it.
The one thing I would recommend because its something I deal with on a DAILY basis is to try and shift your thinking from thinking if you have a "slip up" that it nullifies all your hard work and the "diet, its a slip up, a setback, however you want to look at it, HOWEVER it does not cancel out EVERYTHING you have done, its just a pothole in the road, if you were driving down the road you live on and there is a huge, honking car destroying pot hole in the middle of the road you would not stop using the road because of it, you would adjust your driving so that you can go around it and AVOID it for the next time ;) just something to think of. Something else that I have discovered is no matter how much I think its about "will power" or that I have to "beat this" on my own I have accepted the simple fact: I was going to beat it myself I already would have. Once that thought is realized then we are free to look around and put in place the proper help and support we call need. Most people who are "in shape" have all kinds of help from personal trainers to personal chefs or people who help them in some way. I do not think there are all that many people who just "Do it" on there own, there are some to be sure but most of us need some help and support and the sooner we can accept that the better of we will be. These are my ramblings on the topic :)

May 24, 2007 at 2:23 PM  
Blogger CarolynBBDish said...

greg, thanks for commenting. i think you may have taken me a little too literally - like i said, it was a pms thing - but i appreciate your comment.

as far as me giving up, that's not gonna happen.

May 24, 2007 at 2:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hey lady....i just want to say how proud i am of you...i got into a car accident (i'm okay, nothing serious, but i do have neck and back pain) and though it was funny in the beginning to joke with my physical therapist about how i had a really good reason now to avoid exercising, i am starting to feel (and see) the results of it, and reading your blog is actually making me miss exercising, which i NEVER thought i would....LOL....but because i actually AM eating everything in a 3 mile radius, i need to get my ass into gear....can't wait for the before/after pics!

May 27, 2007 at 1:42 AM  
Blogger CarolynBBDish said...

Jesss! :) HOney. I'm so sorry to hear about the accident. That sucks. Thanks for poppin in to check on me. :) I love knowing you're out there. :)

May 27, 2007 at 8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home